St. Mary Schoals Enduro
St Mary’s Shoals Enduro Camping situation – We won’t be able to camp overnight on the St Mary’s Shoals property. This is a long-standing park policy that they are enforcing this year. We tried to get an exception (again) this year or an amendment to the policy that would allow camping in the future. While this amendment option is something still being pursued, it won’t happen before the event, nor if we delay a few months. We discussed proposing to the FTR community whether to cancel the event or cancel camping onsite, but I think we know what the vote would be. Everyone wants the event and will do what’s necessary to make it happen. We tried to find landowners adjacent to the property that would allow us to park on their property, but it didn’t work out. The park leadership and the county did assist in making the Baker County Fairgrounds available to camp. This was generous of them and we appreciate it. Our relations with the park and county officials are great and we appreciate their support of the event.
Here is additional information that wouldn’t fit on the flyer:
- Riders and spectators can come in Saturday to drop off trailers and other items but will need to exit by 6pm
- Each person is responsible for the security of their stuff. RCDR and the Park will not be held responsible.
- Rider packets and registration will be available Saturday and is heavily encouraged, due to things being busier Sunday morning.
- RVs are allowed onsite Saturday and Sunday.
- Baker County Fairgrounds camping is available with hookups and primitive camping. There are limited hookups available. Call Dan Masterson (phone number on the flyer) to reserve a spot if desired. Electric and Water are included, but not sewer (no dump station either).
- There is plenty of room for primitive/dry camping. Bathrooms will be open for use. No showers are available.
- Hookup spots are $40 and primitive is $20. Payment will be handled by Baker County personnel at the site. RCDR will not handle reservations or money for camping. Payment at the fairgrounds gate. Cash only.
- MOTORCYCLES CANNOT BE RIDDEN AT THE FAIRGROUNDS. NO EXCEPTIONS. This includes pit bikes, ATVs and SxSs as well.
- Camping is available for Saturday night and Sunday night. If you stay overnight Sunday, please exit Monday morning by 10:00am.
- The Fairgrounds camping is 6.1 miles from the enduro start.
- There are also hotels approx 10 miles from the enduro. They are listed on the flyer.
- There is also an RV Resort about 5 miles from the property, that has higher rates but is a very nice facility, especially for families. The name and phone number are on the flyer.
- No open fires and no alcohol. It’s a county park, sorry.
Fairgrounds – GPS: 30.30459, -82.13254 Address: 5567 Lauramore Road. Enter through the southwest gate on Tom Wilkerson Road.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility on this. We are looking forward to a great event.